Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good Riddance 2008

So we've finally made it, the end of the line, the finish of all races, the final countdown. Instead of recapping the year in big long drawn out and most likely confusing paragraphs I'm just going to fill out this survey I found Please enjoy!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

Hm toughie. I'll go with moving out and into my own apartment for the very first time in my at the time 23 years. It was scary, exciting, nerve-wracking, and amazing all wrapped into one. My little shack was adorable and I definitely left my mark. I moved out six months later when finances got tough, such is life.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I don't even know if I made one last year. If I did it was probably along the lines of lose weight and if so the answer is a quick "no".

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

This girl at work gave birth to her first son. She was made to be a mother.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, Thank God.

5. What countries did you visit?
None this year, though I did make the 11 hour trip up north for the first time in about 5 years. Is a memory I'll cherish forever.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A lot of things actually. I don't really like 2008. A lot of stuff happened that couldn't be controlled and put a damper on our spirits. How about for now I'll say financial security.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
No specific dates but I'll remember mid-January when I decided to end a 3 year relationship after much contemplation. It was hard because I realized I had to rely on only myself after it went down. It was totally worth it. Then sometime in the end of February when I gave this guy a chance and it turned into a really good thing. I can't believe it's almost been a year since it happened but I could not be any happier about it. The 4th of July. A drama filled time period that taught me a lot about the people around me, the evil, the good, the ones that will stick with you through it all and the ones out there to hurt you. It was a crazy time period and one I'll never forget. Oh and I got to see a beautiful place in South Carolina where I planned to get married one day.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Now this is another tough one. My achievement probably was sticking up for myself and my values. To stop accepting the way people treated me and get rid of them. That was a hard thing to do because it messed with my livelihood and I still haven't recovered from that.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Being too trusting of people. I made friends with a few individuals I thought I could trust though I should have known better just from how they treated everyone else. Nowadays new individuals don't know much about me. My word vomit is kept to a minimum and I think it's better that way.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had to go to the ER this year. I was in a severe amount of pain and so afraid. Let's just say I'm glad that's over.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I didn't buy it but the best thing I got this year was my Nikon SLR. It opened new doors for me and the limits are endless.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
hmmm Celebration? What?

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Those assholes I referred to earlier.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, bills, bills. Not much money for fun this year. I am looking to the new year for financial gain. :)

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My camera, way freaking excited, my trip to Myrtle Beach with my best friend in the whole world, I wasn't sure I was going til right before. Seeing my NY roots again. The adventures with my new love of my life.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
hmmmm Probably some Killers song, maybe their new cd, or the "Don't Shoot Me Santa Clause". Plain White T's "Hey There Delilah" because it reminded the lovebug of when we first started dating and so it will now remind me of it. ha

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Happier (especially in the relationship department), fatter(truth), poorer (Oh God I'm poor)

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Hmm this is a tough one. I always try to do things I like a lot, so nothing.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Complaining.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Crying the first half with my loved one, but Christmas Eve was nicely spent with his side of the family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yeah, it was pretty rad.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Dexter. All those stupid reality tv shows you find on MTV and VH1. I love it.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate has anger, I'm not angry anymore.

24. What was the best book you read?
I dn't know. I'm reading one right now called "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind" and it's really empowering. This year I've read less fiction and more....other stuff? Weird.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Jack Johnson. Yeah I know but I didn't really give him a listen until this year and now he's a regular in my car's 6 cd rotation.

26. What did you want and get?
I wanted a lot of things (admittedly) I also got a lot of things. Most of these were not materials.

27. What did you want and not get?
Peace, less stress, a break. I'm getting it in 2009 though, I will be sure of it.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Oh man, I really enjoyed watching the Dark Knight in IMAX. I just love IMAX films.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 24 and I was at a friend's wedding in the mountains as their wedding photographer.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not dealing with everything we did earlier this year. It was excessive.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Not much, I've let my body go, I'm just sort of wearing clothes that fit. And honestly with all the things I ran into this year weight was the last thing I worried about. This will change though, I miss the heck out of my healthy adorable self.

32. What kept you sane?
My man, my family, my best friend. When the world felt cold I could turn to them and know people still care and will love me forever.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I gained respect for Paris Hilton and Britney Spears. I know I'm so freaking sorry but their tv shows changed me!

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election was crazy. Good riddance Bush!

35. Who did you miss?
My family. Still do, I should be with them right now.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
I didn't really meet anyone this year that made me crazy. The new people at my new/old job helped add humor to my life and make it bearable.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Don't be so trusting, don't tell all to those you barely know, keep positive, believe in the positivity in my future, be happy because life is hard.


Whew, I'm done! Happy New Year everyone.

No comments: