Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

-Spending an evening at Calhoun's on the River with some live music, their awesome burger and fries and plenty of rum and coke to go around with my loved one.

-Little trips just an hour away but far enough from home to make it feel like an escape. Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area is a spectacular place to get cozy in the mountains during cold fall weekends.

-Christmas time. I know Halloween hasn't even hit yet (nor my own birthday!) but Christmas is my favorite holiday of all. Not because of the gifts, though I do love giving, but because of the time spent with family. It's usually the only time during the year that everyone makes a decent effort to get together. I love it.

-Spending hours devising a future plan for whichever situation my lover and I are currently facing. Bumping heads with him has been one of the most fascinating things about this relationship. When our powers combine we are.....magic! :P

-The bond I have with my sister though I am nine years her senior. I feel an almost protective glove overwhelm me much akin to how a mother would to a daughter whenever I spend any amount of time with her. She is such a brilliant human being and is bound to go far in life and I will see to it that nothing stands in her way.

-A tall glass of cold skim milk. Oh yum!

-My camera and the doors (and eyes) it has opened for me. Possibly the best gift anyone has ever gotten me.

-When my babe calls me his "forevermate". It's cute and certainly the first I've ever heard from anyone.

-The new Bowflex full body machine we should be getting in 2 to 4 weeks. Couple that with an elliptical and I won't ever need a gym again! So excited!

No comments: