Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Something's Gotta Give

I think this is the first time in my life that I've not had any direction. I honestly do not know what the next step should be. It's leaving me in a desperate state and with an achy jaw.

Seems like that job opportunity for The Lover has fallen through which means bye bye beautiful loft and, that's right, direction. Now we're sitting in a boat in the middle of the ocean hoping to get our unemployment and wondering when we can pay our bills.

My heart wants to pack up for the coast and hope to land a job, any job, but my brain tells me how stupid it is to go anywhere without money coming in. Then I'm reminded that I don't have a job here anyhow.

My brain says to stay in Knoxville, as much as I'm over this place we have a roof over our heads (for now) and are on location to go out and search for a job. My heart has already packed this place up so it would be hard to put those paintings back up on the wall and restock the kitchen with dishes.

Another part of me was really interested in that loft, in downtown living. We scoped out cute places to chill, I had picked good photo ops in my head, and already began decorating that gorgeous place we almost called home. However, I doubt we would have any luck finding a job in that region since it is so small.

So what to do? Can someone just give me a little sign? A little nudge saying "Go this way, you won't regret it."? A job would be the best sign, wink wink. ;)

No comments: