Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fatigue

I don't know what it is but I'd like it to stop, NOW! My energy level is down in the dumps and has been for about a week now. Just sitting here at my desk has me yawning away. I can barely focus on anything because all I want to do is sleep, anything else is just too much effort.

I've even gone to the gym to try and kickstart my metabolism, giving me more energy but that's not working. I have been staying up later than normal but then my body forces me to stay in bed. Seriously, I've opened up shop about an hour later than usual because I'm just SO tired.

Here are some things I do know. I just got my hateful little friend and it seems more angry than ever. Talk about cramps! They're horrible this time round. I know there is a high possibility that the fatigue is coming from this as they both seem to line up.

Secondly, I just started back on eating right and that means eating LESS right now. Granted I NEVER needed as many calories as I was taking in previously but maybe the sharp dip has caused some sort of problem. Right now I just eat when I am hungry, usually just snacking on fruits and veggies. Ok and maybe a slice of cookie cake here and there.

I can't think of any other explanation. I feel like there is a heavy fuzzy cloud sitting on top of my head that is not allowing me to concentrate. I am not depressed (sometimes all I do is sleep when I am sad), I am actually very happy and excited for things right now. I'm not sick though my allergies have been in full force this week, wait a tick! The Lover bought some Claritin that was NOT nondrowsy and then didn't use it. I wonder if I am taking that stuff?? I better check when I go up for lunch.

All I know right now is that I absolutely hate it. I don't like waking up late. I don't like walking around in a haze. I don't like feeling as if I could fall asleep at any second no matter where I am! Maybe I should stop watching that parasite show on Discovery that talks about all the nasty bugs you can get in your body and just how badly they can ruin you. Yikes.

1 comment:

Vern said...

You know, you don't need to eat less, just eat better. Lots of veggies, fruits, whole grains, and lean meat, and you'll eat more than you can handle, and have more energy. It may even help on those oh-so-special days of the month!! ;)