Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend Part 1

If there is one thing I've learned in the blogging world it's that people don't like to read long posts. I'm the same way, sometimes when I see an essay I groan inwardly and ask for a synopsis. Though a lot of the time I just stick it through as my eyes go cross eyed and I can't even remember what was just written. Anyway, this will be short and with lots of pictures!

My weekend started Thursday night. The Lover and I were invited to a private concert at our neighbors. I became the unofficial official photographer for this little event. It's amazing I got some of the shots I did because I drank pretty heavily (for me). All in all it was a good time, the singer is great live though in all honesty I'm not so sure I would pop in his cd in the radio a lot but his stage presence was great. You could tell he is one of those Old Souls. Playing his banjo, kazoo, harmonica, and gitjo (a banjo/guitar according to him) you get a very old timey feel. It was storytelling type of music that has been played for decades.

So look him up if you're in to ragtime, Pokey is his name and he's from St. Louis. If you like him enough invite him to your town and I'm sure you'll enjoy it just as much as we did.

Because of his style I decided to go with some vintage looking photographs. This is usually more treatment than I give to my photos but it was fun to play around and see what I could come up with.





No comments: