Monday, April 6, 2009

I Am A Certifiable Wuss

Sleeping alone is probably one of the scariest things a human could go through, ok, I could go through. When I was single and living on my own I had NO problems. Sure I worried that someone would come in and kill me just for practice but I still slept like a LOG.

Now that I've been sleeping with another person in the same room for about a year things have changed DRASTICALLY. Now every little creek and pop is a bad guy coming in to ruin my life. I seriously got myself so worked up that I was nearly hyperventilating at the moving shadow on the wall. I broke out into a cold sweat making plans to either jump off the third story deck or climb over the divide and break into the neighbor's place possibly getting shot to avoid....getting shot. I was a mental MESS. Finally, when I did calm my heart rate down enough to actually close my eyes a big FLASH snapped my them open so quick I got whiplash. For ten terrifying seconds every nightmare I ever had raced through my head until thunder rolled across the ceiling. Awesome, a freaking THUNDERSTORM at 2am while my crazy mind is being, well, crazy.

Thankfully, mercifully, I fell asleep shortly thereafter but when I woke up I wondered how I became such a chicken shit in just a year.

No comments: