Saturday, January 31, 2009

Writers Block

What do you write about when you don't know what to write about? Do you talk about the huge blank space that pops in your head when you try to come up with some world shattering philosophy to share? Do you mention that your life is a total bore right now so you shouldn't even bother writing about that since you're likely to put your audience to sleep? Or do you post pictures, just for the fun of it because hey that's a least a little interesting? Yeah, I'll go that route.

We went on a trip recently to the South Carolinian coast and I went picture crazy, here are a few of my favorites!






And on that note, does anyone make cool graphic designs for copyrights? My graphic skills are zilch.

7 comments:

Indrayani said...

YOU took those pics!??
They are fabulous...
ever thought of having a photography blog for yourself...??!!

Kern said...

Not really, I think I was holding out for a real live website with the fancy flash add ons and such, ie more money, ugh. It's not a bad idea though if I could somehow find a way to post a portfolio. I just use flickr right now and that doesn't scream professional to potential clients. Thanks for the compliment. :)

Vern said...

I LOVE the bridge to the sea scene.

Anonymous said...

hello kern, your pic are really amazing, i'm so move , what a wonderful world! ^^

Ashley said...

These are really awesome. I love that last one with the chain, pretty rad texture.

Thanks so much for your sweet comment my dear. You made my day. I'm so glad you like my work! To answer you question no, the sun is not an action.. that is how I shot it... I really love shooting into the sun, it is one of my most favorite things to do. I do use "Totally Rad Actions" though for the rest of my post processing. You can check out pretty much what I do to every photo here: http://ashleyforrette.blogspot.com/2008/11/big-girls-don-cry-whatever-that-means.html

Looks like you might already have some actions.. but The Pioneer Woman has some pretty sweet free actions if you wanna try some free ones out, if you dont have them already :) http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/2008/04/actions/

Kern said...

Wow, thank you SO much!! That's perfect!

.jimaie.marie. said...

THESE PHOTO'S ARE FABULOUS!!!!
seriously. you have talent. love them!!! :)
(Found you through Ashley's blog btw ;) )