Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dear Charleston

You had me at hello, you really did. According to my parents I knew you when I was too young to remember setting my first little steps in the sand of Folly Beach. Before I got a chance to burn your Southern beauty into my mind we headed North to the cold.

I didn't get to see you again until July of last year. We were traveling to Fripp Island for a weekend getaway and passed through. Though I didn't know it at the time you managed to leave a mark in my heart. This past February when we had to decide where we were planning to live next you immediately came to my mind. The big Southern city right on the ocean with the beautiful buildings and nice people.

We went to search you out and even though you did not have anything to give us at the time we made a promise with each other to return again one day. Now you are our goal for the future and our plans to visit you in the future now have agendas of finding a home, some great places to dine, to meet the people, and just generally get to know the area.

You stole our hearts with your beautiful beaches and captured it forever within the walls of your breathtaking city wrapped in Spanish moss. We will see you in the future.

With Love,
Us

2 comments:

Erin W said...

I drove past Charleston once. I loved SC.

Vern said...

Can I come with you? lol