Friday, June 26, 2009

Babies, Babies, Babies

Yeah, so that little blip where I stopped thinking about babies ended last night. We were watching MTV because of the whole MJ thing and he pretty much made MTV what it was, you know? So after the tribute show a different show comes on called "16 and Pregnant" and I sit here thinking "oh crap, oh crap, oh crap!" while my palms get sweaty.

So they go through the whole nine months and how crazy it is that this little worm is growing inside her belly. It's all cute and my ovaries are screaming "DOOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAAAAAAN!" and my head is saying "WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU???" So somewhere in the commercials I decide to tell The Lover that I want a baby. His reaction was priceless. Out of nowhere I say "Honey, I want a baby!" and he looks at me like I have ten heads and tentacles swarming around me. I AM SO SORRY.

I then went on to explain that I don't want one right now. Later down the road after marriage and my career takes off. There's just this pull I can't even deny that is yelling at me to reproduce. So his fears are calmed a little but he's on high alert because when we first started dating I was against even thinking about babies. Even I don't know what changed!

We continue watching the show and it gets to the delivery scene. She's passed her due date and now they have to induce her. She is screaming in agony while the mother tells her this is just the beginning. I keep my eyes peeled hoping my ovaries are watching "See what kind of PAIN you will be put through, stupid ovaries????" I watch as this girl spends TWELVE HOURS in labor begging for a c-section. My ovaries are pretty much convinced until the baby pops out and is laid on momma, while she cries. Then it's over for me and MY EYES WELL UP. OH. MY. GOD.

It was so freaking cute!!!!!!!!! My brain says "Didn't you even see the pain she was in?? For twelve hours???? A big boulder ripping her insides out!!!!!!!!!!" Instead of listening my ovaries force my mouth to say "awwwwwwwwwww!" It made me sick!

Not to mention a blog I follow just announced that SHE'S 11 weeks along with her first child. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Save me! Someone tell me just how awful childbirth is so I stop having these sickening thoughts!!

1 comment:

Vern said...

I want a grandbaby!!! HAHAHAHA