Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Character

There's this guy on main street that adds a supreme amount of character to this little downtown even if he doesn't know it. There is a little insurance company that pays people to dress up as the Statue of Liberty and wave to passerbys. This guy on OUR street adds his own little flair to it. This elderly gentleman puts on some headphones and dances away in his liberty get up, spinning, thrusting, and wiggling around on his little square of sidewalk.

Getting a picture of this man is hard as being social with someone who dons headphones makes it impossible but I wanted to capture the spirit of his jive. The best picture I got was of a walk by when he was in the middle of an Elvis impression. I pointed the camera in his direction, walked by, and hoped for the best. I am so pleased with what I captured.



So thank you liberty dancer guy for making this little city a little brighter.