Friday, March 6, 2009

Lucky To Be In Love With My Best Friend



That's my ringtone, ringback tone and theme song. Those words speak straight to the heart, my heart, his heart. This was one of the things I was mulling in my head while I tossed and turned last night as he gently snored next to me snug as a bug in a rug.

For the first time in my life I can say honest to goodness I have no complaints about this relationship. You know, we have the usual "tiffs" that any normal human companionship will come across. Like why the heck does the toilet seat have to be up all the time? and I drive better than you, to that's not how you do laundry, etc. But really we are both so mellow that they just end up in hugs and kisses (I know, puke).

We've both been jobless since mid-december and have spent a ton of time together, a lot! I am so proud at how well we've gotten along during it all, especially in an ever difficult time. Shoot, our relationship started on some pretty rough terrain and we're only going up! Typically I need to claim my space, give myself some breathing room, soak in life, but with him the need hasn't been there, I want him to soak it in with me, to share my thoughts about life and mull it over as a team against the world.

Are you gagging yet?

I am completely satisfied with the 180 turn my life has taken from previously. It's a fantastic breath of fresh air that I hope never ends.

Anyone else feel so hopelessly in love like you've walked right out of a song, a movie, like it was meant to be?

No comments: