Sunday, March 29, 2009

Life Long To-Do List

I've been thinking lately about the things I want to accomplish before I get whisked away quietly in my sleep at a ripe old age of 135. From the mundane to the insane it goes as follows;

-Improve my photography, grow it as a business, and succeed.

-Become a better painter.

-Have that dream wedding I've just recently decided on. I was never one of those girls to meticulously plan out every minute detail of my dream wedding at age 12 but now that I've snagged a winner the grinds are finally spinning.

-The beach, live by it, retire by it, photograph it, enjoy it. Bring family near it.

-Travel the world. Tropical destinations being a major point.

-Get The Lover onto an airplane though now I'm worried because Alanis wrote about a guy crashing on their first plane ride.

-Become physically fit for the rest of my life which ultimately means owning my own exercise equipment.

-Go on a cruise with The Lover.

-Learn how to cook.

-Own my own business.

-Settle somewhere. This moving around thing is getting a little old. It'd be nice to last more than two years in one place.

-Get another dog....soon.

-Have a hammock on my wrap around poch of our gorgeous beachside home.

-Go to college to further my career goals.

-Give back once I get disgustingly rich.

-Be a part of something bigger than myself.

-Thank soldiers I see on the street for serving us.

-Own a record player.

-Have a vegetable garden on the house on the beach with the wrap around porch.

-Do something for the doggy world. Still working on this one...

-Celebrate my sister's 21st birthday somewhere fabulous.

-Have my own demon spawn.

-Never have an ordinary office job ever.

-Get really good with floral arranging.

-Never worry about finances again.

That's just a small fraction of the demands I've put on myself.

3 comments:

Shantae said...

Hmm ..this post has definately inspired me to configure some type of goal oriented list of my own. I've never been one for planning though. Probably because I suck at it. But it would be nice to set my eyes on something and achieve it. Great list, btw.

Also, I'm captivated by your photgraphing skills. I've recently decided to take up photography myself and am a huge fan of your work already from the little bit of seen.

Shannon Patterson said...

I love the beach as well, and I think having published a long-term list is a great idea.

I love this list and am so going to steal your idea for my own blog. Hope you don't mind.

Kern said...

@Shantae- I think it's good to put a list of all your wants down, kind of makes you feel obligated to do them and realize just the kind of person you are. also, thank you so much for the compliment, it truly means a lot to me.

@Shannon- I don't mind at all! :) The beach is a HUGE part of who I am so it's only natural I talk about it way too much....